These past few months, the CCL Team have carefully been following updates relating to the Covid-19 Pandemic with a view to ensuring that CCL is very much ‘Open for Business’. Our summer course is scheduled to start in July 2022 in what promises to be another excellent year!
We continue to liaise with our residential site staff and host families in order to ensure that the course runs smoothly. We are also signed up to the ‘Safe Travel’ and ‘We’re Good to Go’ Covid initiatives to reaffirm that we are doing everything possible to make the learning environment for our Cambridge summer course as safe as can be.
You may be also interested to know that there are some Frequently Asked Questions and Answers below which you can refer to for more information about our courses related to the Covid Pandemic. Please also visit our Terms and Conditions as stated on the 2022 CCL Brochure.
CCL/Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions
A/. Before Departure to the UK
Until when can I cancel my son’s/daughter’s course with CCL?
- You may postpone or cancel the course with no penalties up to 14 days before the course start date; or in one of the following situations, 24 hours before the course start date;
a) if you are prevented from travelling because of government restrictions.
b) if you test positive for covid 19 and are therefore unable to fly.
- If you postpone, you will be given a credit voucher valid for two years from the course start date. This voucher can be used for an equivalent CCL-based course or for online courses to the same value. Any accommodation payment you have made will be refunded, less any bank charges.
- If you cancel the course owing to the above Covid-19 conditions, you will be refunded less any bank charges. If you have booked through an agent, the refund will be given via the agent.
- If you cancel under 14 days before the course start date, we will give you a credit voucher, as above. If you have booked accommodation we will charge one week’s accommodation cancellation fee.
- If CCL cancels the booking because we are unable to open due to Covid-19, you will receive either a full refund (minus bank charges), a credit note, valid for 2 years from the course start date, or transfer to our online course for the equivalent value. Any accommodation fee paid will be refunded in full (minus bank charges).
- For all courses booked online you can cancel within 14 days (provided you have not already started the course within that period) and receive a full refund.
- Should I take out specific Covid-19 insurance? Yes. This should be done in your home country from where you are travelling.
- What’s the current Covid-19 situation like in the UK? Please refer to the UK Government website at www.gov.uk/coronavirus for details or get in touch with us at the time of booking for an update.
B/. After arriving in the UK
- What should my son/daughter do if he contracts Covid-19 during his/her course at CCL? He/she will need to self-isolate either in our residential (nursing rooms) or with his/her host-family according to UK Government guidelines.
- Can my son/daughter transfer to an online course in the event of his/her contracting Covid-19? Yes, the student can access online in the event of having to isolate.
C/. After returning back home
- Can I get some form of reimbursement if my son/daughter gets Covid-19 and has to isolate? No because he/she can access the course online.