Chesterton Community College
The Cambridge Centre for Languages also offers summer junior English language and activity courses at Chesterton Community College.
The College is situated in the heart of the university city of Cambridge, only 20 minutes’ walk from most of the colleges, restaurants, cafeterias, cinemas and designer shops. Whatever your interest, whether it be drama, sport, music, films or arts and crafts, you will find it here. The main bus terminal in the city and the Cambridge Railway Station are within a short walking distance. It also has a comfortable library, media rooms and relaxing spaces.
For Drama and Dance lovers, there are studios here at Chesterton. Students who are interested in sports, such as, badminton, basketball, netball, table tennis and football can find the facilities on site. Chesterton Sports Centre is also on site, with a gym, swimming pool and sports hall.
Chesterton Community College is a perfect environment for learning English. It has bright and comfortable classrooms with interactive whiteboards and a computer suite.
We also offer an integration and immersion course option throughout the year:
- 15 hours of English Language tuition per week included
- Unique experience of studying in a British school
- Visiting students will “buddy” up with British learners and follow exactly the same UK curriculum for part of the school day
- Typically for a period of 1 – 2 weeks.
- Students will participate in classes with their British counterparts, follow lessons in English as well as enjoying the opportunity to chat with them in a more relaxed setting at times out of class.
- Visiting student’s level of English will be appropriately assessed to enable them to fully integrate into school classes.
- This programme would also enable your students and school to engage in a cultural exchange that would be beneficial to all parties.